Lines Open 24 | 7 | 365

Funeral Directors

Newtownards028 9181 2168

Bangor028 9127 2549

who to inform (2)

Insurance /Investments

The policy holder’s name may have to be changed, especially car insurance, if in the name of the deceased.

To redeem life assurance, you will need the policy document and copy of the Death Certificate.

Investment company bonds / Premium Bonds are not transferable. Ask the Post Office for a form that needs to be sent to the Bonds and Stocks Office.

HMRC / Inland Revenue

Contact the tax office with the deceased’s name and National Insurance number. There may be a rebate due / further tax to pay. Ask your solicitor regarding instruction in a will.

Utility bills

If in the name of the deceased, inform oil / gas / electric / telephone / internet / cable / satellite companies.

Post & mailing lists  

Post can be re–directed by Royal Mail to another address. A form is available to cancel unwanted mail being delivered to the address of the deceased.

To remove the deceased’s name from mailing lists and other databases visit: