All deaths must be registered with the Council (any UK Council). Locally, you need to make an appointment before visiting the council offices (contact details / maps below). Unless the matter has been referred to the Coroner, registering the death should be done as soon as possible to allow further arrangements to be made.
Remember to take the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (MCCD) with you when registering.
If referred to the Coroner: click below for details.
Ards & N. Down Borough Council
Appointments– 03000 133 333
Ards: ext 40720 | Bangor: ext 40784
2 Church Street, Newtownards BT23 4AP | Bangor Castle BT20 4BT
· Who can register a death?
· What details do I need to know?
· What documentation will I receive?
· What if the Coroner is involved?
· What if death occurred outside NI?
· What if we want to take the deceased outside NI?